Hassle free returns policy
Products for sale through TheGermanChristmasShopUSA.com are handmade with their own small variations from time to time. Many of the items we sell are also custom or limited edition pieces shipped directly from our artisans in Europe.
Despite our best efforts to check and pack everything with care, from time-to-time products may be damaged during the shipping process. We don't want you to worry though, if this happens, we can help!
Returns are easy. Please email hello@GermanChristmasShopUSA.com as soon as you become aware of an issue. Please send a photo of the item (if possible) so that we can see what has happened.
We will make arrangements for your item to be returned. Once it is received, we can assess and provide you with some options that may include repair, exchange or refund.
If we need to exchange or refund an item, we will provide a return postage slip so that you sure not out of pocket!
Now thats great news!
If an item has a major problem, please email hello@GermanChristmasShopUSA.com as soon as you become aware and we will make arrangements for the item to be returned.
Once we receive and inspect the item, we will send you an email to confirm whether the item can be fixed/replaced. If the item can be repaired or replaced within a reasonable time, we will do so, if not we will provide a refund or store credit.
- If an item has a major problem, please email hello@GermanChristmasShopUSA.com as soon as you become aware.
- Once we have received and inspected the returned item, we will notify you via email of the outcome.
- If the item cannot be repaired or replaced within a reasonable time, then your refund will be processed as a credit applied to your original method of payment.
Shipping of returns
- If an item is broken, please send us a photo of the item and the box (if damaged). From there we will create a return slip and email it to you.
- Simply print and affix the return slip to the original packaging and take it to your local UPS store or parcel return facility.
- If you do not have a printer, just take the email with the return slip to your local UPS store, along with the package. A customer service representative will be able to print it out for you.
Please note that we cannot process any exchange or refund request until we receive and inspect the damaged item.
Some important points to note...
- We do not offer refunds or exchanges unless the item is returned.
- Our policy lasts 14 days. If 14 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
- We are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind. Gift cards are not refundable.
- Unfortunately, we have experienced some instances where items have been deliberately broken because someone has changed their mind (yes, there are unfortunately people like that in the world). If you deliberately break an item to ask for a refund, we will not provide a refund.
We will happily provide an exchange or refund if an item has a major problem. A 'major problem' is when the item:
- Has a problem that would have stopped you from buying it if you had known about it.
- Is unsafe
- Is significantly different from the sample or description
- Doesn't do what we said it would, or what you asked for and can't be easily fixed.
If the problem does not match one of the above points, it is not major. We will repair or replace non-major items within a reasonable time. To do this, we must receive and assess the returned item.
You are NOT entitled to a refund or exchange:
- If you change your mind
- Suggest that an item is 'overpriced' after you have purchased it.
- From time to time, we offer sales on our online store and provide discount codes to our email subscribers. We will not retrospectively provide refunds to customers who purchased the same item outside of a sales period or prior to a code being issued.
- If it is obvious that you have deliberately misused or broken the item in question, you are not entitled to a refund.