Shipping Policy and FAQ's
Hi there, it is Ronnie here from the German Christmas Shop. On this page you will find information about our shipping rates, our shipping policy and some FAQ's. With fast, secure delivery of exquisite decorations, you can add a little Christmas magic to your home this year.
Please note: Orders placed between July 25 2021 and August 15 2021 will ship after August 15 2021
Let's talk about USPS last year...
Those of you who know us and have purchased before are aware that we always strive to make sure your experience shopping with us is enjoyable.
While, in an ideal world this would mean parcels would always arrive on time, we know that, once items are sent via a mail carrier, the fate of those items is up to how items are treated in transit.
While we are used to the occasional lost package or damaged items (which we are always happy to resolve), last year saw USPS let us down at an unprecedented level.
In the lead up to, and over Thanksgiving day weekend last year, we sent hundreds of orders out to customers all across America. Ordinarily, this would never have been a problem for our usual USPS collection. We had parcels that never arrived and a number that arrived damaged.
Most concerning of all was that many of our customers did end up receiving their decorations... in January and February!
The loss to our business was significant, not just in lost revenue but also in the loss of potential repeat customers. With all of this in mind, we have adjusted our shipping terms:
We now ship using UPS wherever possible
We will only use USPS if sending to a PO box number (as we are not able to use another carrier), or if you notify us as part of your order that you specifically request we use USPS. We strongly advise NOT sending to post office boxes as we cannot guarantee the reliability of USPS services.
Other shipping options (e.g express shipping) will be presented as options at checkout when available.
Shipping options provided to you are based upon your location.
Shipping Rates – United States
Orders over $50 – Free
Orders up to $50 - $10
Shipping Not Available for Canada:
Unfortunately, due to excessive shipping fees, taxes and brokerage fees charged at the Canadian border, we no longer ship to Canada at this stage.
Shipping to other Countries:
Australia & New Zealand
Please visit GermanChristmasShop.com.au
Rest of World:
We currently do not ship to other locations.
Shipping FAQ’s - USA
How long will my order take to arrive?
- Standard Shipping - we ship using UPS ground service. This means your order will arrive:
- Within 3 days of your order being shipped (East Coast USA)
- Within 5-9 days of your order being sent (Central USA)
- Within 7-9 days of your order being sent (West Coast USA)
Please note: We cannot guarantee quoted delivery times for USPS services. We recommend NOT sending items to PO boxes.
Are there faster shipping options?
Where faster services are available, they will be displayed as options during checkout. The availability of services depends upon your location.
Will I get a tracking number?
- Yes! You will receive a tracking number once the parcel is sent.
- The tracking number will be on your 'order sent' email
Will you tell me the status of my order?
- We will keep you informed along the way to ensure you know when your order has left our store and to keep you informed along thew way.
- If you have any questions regarding your shipment, please email hello@GermanChristmasShopUSA.com We are always happy to assist!
Do you charge for purchases immediately?
- When you order online with us, we charge your payment method at the time of the order.
- Because of a significant amount of credit card fraud in the past, we do not pre-authorise cards and we do not ship goods until payment has been confirmed.
- If at any sage you ask for a refund before goods ship, we are happy to cancel your order and issue a refund. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org